What are the rules in triathlon?
There are a few rules in triathlon that are binding for all participants:
- No Cheating: Any form of cheating, such as skipping a course, using unnecessary equipment, or receiving outside assistance is prohibited.
- Prohibition of dangerous behavior: Dangerous behavior, such as overtaking on unsuitable sections of track or causing falls, is prohibited.
- Mandatory equipment: There are certain items of equipment that are mandatory for every participant, such as a helmet when cycling. Bicycle and helmet must be in perfect technical condition.
- Prohibited Substances: The use of Prohibited Substances is strictly prohibited.
- No cycling in the transition area: You are only allowed to get on and off your bike outside of the transition area.
- Official instructions: The instructions of the competition judges and management must be followed.